If there’s one thing you need to know about me, it’s that I have a compulsion to make lists. I like lists of words, pictures, artworks, and especially books. So my second post on here is going to be of my list of (Late) New Year’s Resolutions. I’ve had them all for a long time, and some of them I am already better about than I used to be. As I keep blogging, I can also keep up with my progress for these.
1. Write every day. I would like to basically finish ten, fully developed short stories or manuscripts this year. But that isn’t a good goal for me as a writer. I will be productive if I can just write for an hour every day. This is the year I get published!
2. Exercise every day. I used to run every day last year. But, since Judson and I have been having money problems, I started working really hard and also didn’t eat regularly. I was incredibly tired, and exercising just stopped being a priority. This year, I have a regular job, etc. so it becomes a priority again.
3. Read 75 books this year. I have a Librarything account that explains this goal. Check it out here: http://www.librarything.com/topic/130500.
4. Learn to Cook. I am not a bad cook, but, again, haven’t been eating regularly. Now that we can afford some ingredients, I am going to start through our collection of cookbooks and cook as much as possible.
5. Take More Pictures. I have an amazing camera, but never take pictures. This is a no-brainer. I want pictures of my friends, my family, of me, and of the world around me.
6. Say Only Positive Things About Myself and Others. No explanation needed.
7. Not Feel Guilty About Playing Video Games. I am a nerd. Truly. A nerd. And I love video games. Right now I am trying to beat the earlier Zelda on N-64 so that I can buy myself Skyrm when I get enough monies. Also, I love the Sims and would like to finish a legacy challenge. The list goes on: Portal, Indigo Prophecy, Modern Warfare (working on it now), Red Dead Redemption, etc. I usually don’t play unless it’s the weekend because I feel guilty. But why? I’ve decided I’ll just limit my time and be productive when I’m not playing video games instead of feeling guilty.
8. Create a piece of artwork every month. I like to draw and paint, but I need some practice. Judson isn’t very artistic, so sometimes it’s hard to find the time to sit down and practice. But I will this year.
9. Have adventures out on the town. Again, since we recently are able to start exploring more, I want to get to really know Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. I used to live in Carborro so I know that area pretty well. But I would love to explore Raleigh/Durham.
10. Stick to a budget. I am bad about what I call “living in the moment.” If I have money, I like to spend it on fun things or, more commonly, drinks for my friends. Sorry guys, I seriously cannot do that like I did before last year. Judson will help me with this one.
While writing this list, I thought of a million other things I would like to do this year, but these are hard enough as it is. And everyone feel free to submit to me their own lists of New Years Resolutions or ask me questions on my asking page. Keep on the lookout for my next blog!